233 Old Science Hall,
Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
Monday and Wednesday 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
Tuesday 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. & 1:45 - 2:45 p.m.
GERMAN 102 - Introductory German II
RUSSIAN 101 - Introductory Russian I
RUSSIAN 102 - Introductory Russian II
RUSSIAN 203 - Intermediate Russian I
Dr. Mykola Polyuha
Assistant Professor/Languages and Cultures
of death in the world literature
Comparative Literature, University of Western Ontario,
Freiburg, Ontario/Baden-Wuerttemberg Student Exchange
Program, September 2006-July 2007
Ukrainian Summer Institute, non-degree program, June
to August 2005
Comparative Literature, Pennsylvania State University,
(B.A.+1 year), English and German languages and
literatures, Ternopil Institute of Pedagogical
- "'Dear Maitre': Correspondence of Eaghor Kostetzky with Ezra Pound." Kuryer Kryvbasu 293-294-295 (April-June 2014): 219-243. [in Ukrainian]
- "An Anthology of Modern Ukrainian Drama
(Review)." Canadian Slavonic Papers 56.1-2 (2014): 169-71.
- Selected Proceedings of the
Thirteenth International Mikhail Bakhtin Conference. London: Mestengo Press, 2012. Co-editor.
- Vasiliev, Nikolai. "Linguistic Content of Pavel Medvedev's The Formal Method in Literary Scholarship in the Context of Works by the Representatives of the Bakhtin Circle." Dialogues with Bakhtinian Theory: Proceedings of the Thirteenth Mikhaïl Bakhtin International Conference. London: Mestengo Press, 2012. 311-323. (Translation from the Russian language).
- Zylko, Boguslaw. "Bakhtin's Understanding of Ontology, Aesthetics, and Poetics of Literary Work." Dialogues with Bakhtinian Theory: Proceedings of the Thirteenth Mikhaïl Bakhtin International Conference. London: Mestengo Press, 2012. 301-310. (Translation from the Russian language).
- "People Out of Fear." Review of Fear, by Bohdan Pronyk (Ternopil: "Printer-Inform," 2011). Vil'ne Zhyttya, October 12, 2012, No. 81. [in Ukrainian]
- "Apolitical Poetry as Politics:
Political Writings of Bohdan-Ihor Antonych." The Ukrainian Quarterly 65.3 (Fall 2009): 192-212.
in the Undiscovered Bourn: Les Kurbas, Ukrainian
Modernism, and Early Soviet Cultural Politics
(Review)." Harvard Ukrainian Studies 27.1-4 (2004-2005, published 2009): 409-13.
with Death: Tragic Overliving from Sophocles to Milton
(Review)." Comparative Literature
Studies 44.3 (2007): 360-364.
to Marry a Song: An Analysis of Bohdan-Ihor Antonych’s
Poem 'Wedding.'" Studia Methodologica: Teoriya
Literatury, Komparatyvistyka, Ukrayinistyka.
Ternopil: Pidruchnyky i posibnyky, 2007. pp.
- "Ukrainian Internet Identity." Western Journal of Graduate
Research 12.1 (2005) 82-91.
Studies in the United States. By Peter Uwe Hohendahl
(Review)." Literary Research/Recherche
littйraire 21.41-42 (2004): 310-314.
New Media Reader (Review)." Comparative Literature
Studies 41.3 (2004) 446-449.
Years That Shook the World: A Chapter for the History
of Modernism." Problemy suchasnoho
literaturoznavstva 11 (2002): 72-88. [in
Idea of Death in the Works of Ezra Pound." Naukovi
zapysky 12 (2001): 87-101. [in Ukrainian]
History of Petriky: Reference Book.Ternopil:
Zbruch, 2001. [in Ukrainian]
- "Applying Operations and Supply Chain Management Principles to Short-Term Study Abroad: A Case Study of Trip to Eastern Europe." Business and Applied Sciences Academy of North America Annual Conference. Ramapo College, June 19-21, 2014.
- "Providing Life-Changing Experiences: Short-Term Study Abroad and Students' Social and Emotional Growth." 24th Annual Conference of the Global Awareness Society International. Montego Bay, Jamaica, May 22-27, 2014.
- "The Purpose of Global Leadership." Model United Nations Annual Conference. Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania, April 24, 2014.
- "In Search of a Third Way: The Phenomenon of 'Other Literature' in Ukraine." Canadian Association of Slavists Annual Conference. Victoria University, June 1-3, 2013.
- "How Does Language Shape the Way We Think?" Public lecture at London Cross Cultural
Learning Center. London, September 10, 2011.
- "Peculiarities of
Thinking in Foreign Languages." Public lecture at London Cross Cultural
Learning Center. London, August 28, 2010.
- "Learning Europe:
Bohdan-Ihor Antonych’s Discourse
with German and English Authors." Canadian Association of Slavists Annual
Conference. Concordia University, May 28-30, 2010.
- "'Some Is Incarnate Awareness,
Some Remains Spiritus': Defining the Components
of the Imagist Weltanschauung." Canadian Comparative Literature
Association Annual Conference. . Concordia University, May 28-30, 2010.
- "Towards Spiritual Unity
with the West: Bohdan-Ihor Antonych as Translator." The American Association of Teachers of Slavic
and East European Languages Conference. Philadelphia, December 27-30, 2009.
- "Guide to Cultures:
John Cournos as Literary Ambassador between East and West." Canadian Association of
Slavists Annual Conference. Carleton University, May 23-25, 2009.
- "Anglo-American Imagism
and Russian Imaginism: Points of Contact." 32d Annual Mid-Atlantic
Slavic Conference. Eugene Lang College/The New School, April 4, 2009.
Only Ukrainian Imagist': Bohdan-Ihor Antonych and
Imagism." Canadian Association of Slavists Annual
Conference. University of British Columbia, May
31-June 2, 2008.
as an International Literary Movement." Canadian
Comparative Literature Association Annual
Conference. University of British Columbia, May
31-June 2, 2008.
Russonymic Would Be Homerovitch': Ezra Pound's
Literary Contacts with Russia." 19th Annual
American Literature Association Conference. San
Francisco, May 22-25, 2008.
in Exile: Imagist Ideas in Russian Literature."
American Comparative Literature Association Annual
Meeting. California State University, April 24-27,
Alone Should Return to Earth': Revisiting Gottfried
Benn’s Morgue and Other Poems." 10th Annual
Graduate Conference. University of Western
Ontario, March 6-8, 2008.
Build the City of Dioce': Ezra Pound's (Con)fusion of
Western and Eastern Cultures." Canadian Comparative
Literature Association Annual Conference. York
University, May 27-31, 2006.
the East-West Crossroads: Filling Gaps in Modernist
Studies." Canadian Association of Slavists Annual
Conference. York University, May 27-31,
Off There in Black Darkness': Russian Authors in Ezra
Pound’s Writings." 29th Annual
Mid-Atlantic Slavic Conference. Fordham
University, April 1, 2006.
and Eaten Tovarisch': Ezra Pound and the Eastern
European Other." American Comparative Literature
Association Annual Meeting. Princeton University,
March 23-26, 2006.
Superfluous American: The Case of Ezra Pound."
Graduate Thesis Seminar. University of Western
Ontario, March 21, 2006.
Religion and the Internet." Canadian Comparative Literature Association Annual Conference.
University of Western Ontario, May 29-31, 2005.
with a Foreign Accent: Xenophilia in Russian Culture."
7th Annual Graduate Conference. University of
Western Ontario, April 7-10, 2005.
the Death: Peculiarities of Literary Thanatomorphic
Images." 16th Comparative Literature Graduate
Colloquium. University of Toronto, April 7-8,
Poetry as Politics: Political Writings of Bohdan-Ihor
Antonych." American Comparative Literature
Association Annual Meeting. Pennsylvania State
University, March 11-13, 2005.
to Marry a Song: An Analysis of Bohdan-Ihor Antonych's
Poem "Wedding." 28th Annual
Mid-Atlantic Slavic Conference, Columbia
University, March 27, 2004.
Internet Identity." Graduate Student Symposium.
University of Toronto, March 12-13, 2004.
- fluent in German, Russian, Ukrainian
- read in French, Polish, Spanish
- Austria, Byelorussia,
Canada, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece,
Italy, Jamaica, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Russia,
Slovak Republic, Switzerland, USA
- Baden-Wuerttemberg Landesstiftung Stipendium, study and research at Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg, October 2006-July 2007
- The Theodosius and Irene Senkowsky Prize for Achievement in Ukrainian Studies from Harvard Ukrainian Research Institute, 2005
- Fulbright scholarship, study and research at Pennsylvania State University, 2002-2004
- Graduation from Ternopil Institute of Pedagogical Education with honor diploma, 2000
- Scholarship for undergraduate study from Ternopil Town Council, 2000